Frequently Asked Questions
Who can use the fixed fee service?
The service is designed for individuals required to file a self assessment tax return to report the following:
- Employment / pension income (form P60/P45 required)
- Bank interest
- Pension contributions made
If you have income from rental properties then an additional fixed fee of £60 plus VAT per property will apply. If you have additional requirements please request a call back so that we can assess whether an additional fixed fee can be applied.
How much does it cost?
The service is available at the fixed fee rate of £135 plus VAT. There really are no hidden charges. This is a complete tax compliance package, including online filings to HM Revenue & Customs. The home page provides a detailed outline of those services included in and excluded from this fixed fee product.
How do I make payment?
It is a requirement that fees are paid using a debit or credit card when you sign up through the MBT website. This is a one-off payment and will be required on an annual basis. A tax return will not be issued for approval until full payment has been made.
What are my responsibilities under the fixed fee offering?
In addition to paying the fixed fee by debit/credit card, your key tasks will be as follows:
- Paying income tax, National Insurance, payments on account and all other tax and regulatory amounts, as advised by us.
- Providing the requested self assessment information by 30 September so that the tax return can be prepared on your behalf in advance of the 31 January submission deadline.
- Providing any additional information and explanations required for the completion of your annual accounts and tax returns.
Will any additional charges apply?
There are no hidden charges within the fixed fee offering, which includes all the services outlined on the home page. If you have income from rental properties then an additional fixed fee will apply per property.
If the requested self assessment information is not provided to us by 30 September each year then additional fees will apply. These additional fees will be notified to you in advance of any self assessment work commencing.
Similar arrangements apply to delivery of annual accounts and self assessment tax documentation, and further details can be found by reviewing the detailed Terms and Conditions.
What about data protection?